Gingery Turkey & Rice Bowl
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
This is a perfectly balanced plate.
1 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups water
1 tbsp oil
2 large carrots
1 lb (450 g) ground turkey or chicken
4 cups shredded coleslaw mix
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp hot sauce, optional
Toppings (optional): Everything Bagel Whole Food Topper, sliced green onions
- In Multipurpose Steamer, combine rice and water. Top with tray; microwave uncovered, on high for about 16–18 min, or until tender.
- In Wok or Sauté Pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, scrub carrots clean. Cut into oval slices by slicing on the bias.
- In a bowl, combine turkey and seasoning; add to wok. Stir-fry until meat starts to change colour and is almost cooked through, 3 min.
- Add carrots, stir-fry until tender-crisp and meat is cooked through, 3–4 min. Add shredded coleslaw, soy sauce and hot sauce, if desired. Stir until cabbage is tender-crisp, 2 min.
- Divide cooked rice, turkey, and veggies between bowls. Add toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 430, Fat 13 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 51 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 28 g.
If the carrot’s skin is dry or looks thick, peel it off. Otherwise, a good scrub is all that’s needed! Cutting carrots on the bias is a technique often used for stir-frying vegetables. Not only does it look nice, but it cooks faster and is ideal for tender-crisp texture.