Greek Lemon Chicken Soup (Avgolemono)
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 2 cups leafy greens and 1 tbsp Epicure Dressing, your choice.
8 cupsNourish Broth
1 cup uncooked orzo or rice
1 tbspGreek Dressing Mix, or your choice Dressing Mix or Dip Mix
1 cup diced cooked chicken
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
- Pour broth in Multipurpose Pot. Cover; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, add orzo and cook, partially covered, until tender, about 10 min. If using rice, about 20 min. Once cooked, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add eggs and dressing mix. Using 2-in-1 Citrus Press, squeeze in juice from lemons. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly whisk in 2 cups of hot broth into egg and lemon mixture. This tempers the eggs and prevents curdling.
- Whisk the tempered egg mixture into remaining broth.
- Add chicken and simmer until heated through, about 2 min. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Per serving: Calories 320, Fat 8 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 265 mg, Sodium 280 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 22 g.