Prepare this layered dish of bread, egg, and cheese the night before, then bake and serve hot in the morning.
12 slices of bread - any kind, cut in cubes
1 cup grated cheese, any kind
1 red pepper, finely diced
1 green pepper, finely diced
2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Lightly butter a 9” x 13” pan. Fill with cubed bread.
- Whisk eggs with milk, 3 Onion Dip Mix, Seasoning for CCB Dip, Salt and Pepper. Stir in diced peppers.
- Pour mixture over the bread and press on bread with a spatula to ensure bread soaks up egg mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If you have time, let stand for 10 min.