Easy and ideal with soup, chili or alongside a salad - or on their own for breakfast or brunch.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Louisiana Hot & Spicy Dip Mix
2 cups grated low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
2 cups milk
1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Place a lightly oiled Perfect Portion Muffin Pan on a Sheet Pan.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar and stir with dry ingredients to coat. Make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with milk and butter. Pour into well, and stir with a wooden spoon using swift strokes. Batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon into prepared pan, top with remaining cheddar, and bake for 15–20 minutes (may take 5–7 minutes longer if using Mini-Loaf Pans).
Bake a big batch, cool completely, then freeze separately until firm to prevent sticking together. Store in a large freezer bag labelled with recipe name and date. Can be frozen for up to 3 months.