Make this amazingly economical Southern specialty by slowly simmering a pork roast in a rich, slightly spicy sauce until very tender.
Serve with 1 small bun or 1 tortilla and 2 cups mixed veggies.
1 cup ketchup
1⁄2 cup vinegar
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
1⁄4 cup water
5 lbs (2.5 kg) boneless pork shoulder or butt roast
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine seasoning with ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, and water.
- Add pork and turn to coat with sauce.
- Cover and cook for 6 hrs on low or for 3 hrs on high.
- With two forks, pull pork into shreds. Stir into the sauce.
- Serve on crusty rolls, nachos, baked potatoes, pizza, and even omelets if desired.