Make a big batch of crowd-pleasing chili! Cook once. Eat twice and (even thrice!).
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with a slice of toasted Cheddar & Jalapeño Cornbread.
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
1 lb (450 g) ground pork
2 bell peppers
1 medium red onion
1 can (540 ml/18 oz) low-sodium black beans
1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
1 can (796 ml/27 oz) low-sodium crushed tomatoes
3 tbspChili Seasoning
Toppings (optional): sour cream, grated cheddar cheese, sliced green onions
- Cook beef and pork in Sauté Pan over medium-high heat for 10 min until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, dice peppers and onion. Drain and rinse black beans.
- Once the meat has been removed, add peppers, onion, beans, and corn to pan. Cover and cook for 3–4 min, or until veggies start to soften.
- Add meat back to the pan, along with crushed tomatoes and seasoning. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often, about 5 min.
- Serve with toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 340, Fat 13 g (Saturated 4.5 g, Trans 0.3 g), Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 310 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g (Fibre 8 g, Sugars 7 g), Protein 29 g.
This recipe is raw-to-ready in 20 minutes; if you have a little extra time on your hands, cover the pan and let the chili simmer on low for 30–40 min to intensify the flavours!