Easy Peasy Bolognese Pizza
Who doesn't love pizza? This dish is rich, saucy, cheesy and meaty, without any meat. Please, hold your applause!
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 2 cups leafy greens and 1 tbsp Epicure Salad Dressing, your choice.
1 can (28 oz/796 ml) crushed tomatoes
1⁄2 cup water or broth
1⁄2 cup plain non-dairy creamer or half and half cream (10%)
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1⁄2 red onion
2 (12" each) thin whole-wheat pizza crusts
1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella, parmesan, or dairy free cheese
Toppings (optional): chopped black olives, fresh basil or arugula
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a large Multipurpose Pot, combine mix, crushed tomatoes, water, and creamer.
- Cover; simmer on medium heat for 15 min, stirring occasionally. It will thicken near the end of the cook time; stir more frequently at that time to prevent sticking. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, slice tomatoes in half. Thinly slice onion.
- Place pizza crusts on two separate Sheet Pans lined with Sheet Pan Liners. Spread 1 cup sauce over each crust (save remainder for use at a later date). Top with tomatoes, onion, and cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts, 8 min. Remove from oven. To serve, cut each pizza into 8 slices.
Per serving (2 slices): Calories 310, Fat 10 g (Saturated 4.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 610 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g (Fibre 8 g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 18 g.
Cook once, eat twice! Save one pizza for an easy next-day meal.
Toss leftover sauce with cooked pasta, layer into a lasagna, or stir into chili.