Onion & Garlic Bagels
vegetable oil, for brushing
1 1⁄2 cupsEasy Peasy Bagel, Pancake & Waffle Mix, or all purpose flour
1 tspMinced Garlic
1 tspToasted Onion
1 tsp baking powder*
1⁄4 tsp Sea Salt, finely ground, optional
1 cup Greek yogurt
Toppings: 3 tsp Minced Garlic, 3 tsp Toasted Onion
*If using Epicure GF baking mix, omit baking powder.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place Perfect Portion Bagel & Donut Pan on Sheet Pan. Lightly brush bagel pan with oil; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, garlic, onion, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in centre; add yogurt. Using a fork, mix until combined. Dough will be crumbly.
- Knead dough in bowl a few times until it comes together in a ball. Dough should be tacky, but not sticky. Cover and let stand 10 min.
- Turn onto floured counter; knead 2–3 times and flatten slightly. If dough is sticky, add more four as needed. Cut into six wedges. Roll into ropes, each about 7" long.
- Lay ropes in pan; pinch ends to seal. If desired, brush with egg. Stir together remaining garlic and onion; sprinkle over dough.
- Bake in oven until puffy and golden, 15–18 min. Cool; pop out.
Per serving: Calories 160, Fat 1 g (Saturated 0 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 320 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 6 g.