1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbsp grated lemon peel, about 1 lemon
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄4 tsp salt
3⁄4 cup milk, your choice
1⁄2 - 1 recipe preparedLuscious Lemon Curd Icing
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place two Muffin Makers on two 1⁄4 Sheet Pans. Generously oil both Muffin Makers.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low-medium speed, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Batter will be very thick.
- Add milk; beat on low speed to avoid splashing.
- Spoon into moulds. Bake 25–30 min or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan 10–15 min. Invert on a Cooling Rack and gently squeeze each muffin cup to release.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool, top with icing.