Get ready for a smashin’ good mealtime that combines two all-time faves! Smashburger tacos hit social media by storm to become a viral sensation and we can see why—they’re as delicious as they are fun. Epicure’s Big Burger Sauce adds satisfying sauciness, but you can dress ‘em up with your favourite burger or taco night toppings, like prepared Aiolis, Guacamole, or Poco Picante Salsa.
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
1 tsp oil
8 small corn tortillas
1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
1 tbsp Big Burger Sauce Mix
1 tbsp ketchup
1 1⁄2 tsp relish
Toppings (optional): grated cheddar, diced white onion, sliced pickles, shredded iceberg lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef and seasoning. Form into eight balls.
- Heat oil in Sauté Pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, arrange three ground beef balls in pan. Top each ball with one tortilla and use a spatula to flatten them. Cook 2–3 min, or until tortilla is warm to touch on top. Flip tacos and cook 1–2 min, or until the bottoms of the burgers begin to brown.
- Repeat with remaining ground beef balls until all tacos are cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sauce mix, ketchup, and relish.
- Top tacos with prepared sauce and additional toppings, if desired.
Swap ground chicken or turkey for beef if you want a leaner protein option.
If your smashburger tacos are a little on the greasy side, rest them on a paper towel after taking them out of the pan.