Serve with 1 cup steamed veggies and a whole-grain bun.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
2 tbsp olive oil
1⁄2 cup grated partly-skimmed mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp grated low-sodium Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap. With a meat tenderizer mallet or the palm of your hand, flatten to an even thickness.
- On a large plate, combine breadcrumbs and Herbed Garlic Sea Salt Blend.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk milk and egg together. Dip chicken into mixture, then completely coat with breadcrumbs.
- Preheat frying pan over medium heat. Swirl with oil, and add chicken. Cook until golden brown on both sides, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add Marinara Sauce. Gently stir, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for approximately 8 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan, and continue cooking until cheese is melted, approximately 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Simply double the recipe to cook once, and eat twice – try Epicure’s Parmesan Chicken Subs tomorrow!
This chicken parm recipe uses less breadcrumbs than most, to keep it light. Add a little more if you like the chicken well-coated.