Salmon is an excellent protein to add to your weekly meal rotations. Serve with asparagus for a delicious meal in 20 min! Look for fat asparagus stalks, they hold up better on the grill and transform from tough & bitter to tender and slightly sweet.
Serve with 1 cup grilled potatoes.
2 1⁄2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
1 lb (450 g) salmon fillet, about 1" thick
1 lb (450 g) asparagus spears
Black Pepper, to taste
Sea Salt, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 tbsp oil with seasoning to make glaze.
- Using a Basting Brush, brush salmon with glaze. If you have extra time, let stand 10 min or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place salmon skin-side down on grill; reduce heat to medium. Barbecue with lid closed, until a knife tip inserted into thickest part of fish and held for 10 seconds feels warm, about 10–12 min for every 1" of thickness.
- Meanwhile, trim asparagus. Place in bowl; combine with remaining 1⁄2 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper; toss to evenly coat. Using a BBQ grill basket, grill alongside salmon until al dente, about 2–3 min.