This is a perfectly balanced plate.
1 cup uncooked white rice
2 1⁄2 cups hot water
1 tsp oil
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
1 can (28 oz/796 ml) diced tomatoes
1 cup corn niblets
5 cups coleslaw mix
Toppings (optional): guacamole, salsa
- Place rice in Multipurpose Steamer. Stir in hot water. Cover; microwave on high until tender and water has absorbed, 15 min.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add beef and seasoning. Reduce heat to medium; cook, using Ground Meat Separator to break up chunks, until beef is browned, 3–4 min.
- Drain tomatoes, then add to wok with corn, and coleslaw mix. Stir-fry until coleslaw mix is tender-crisp, 2–3 min.
- Serve with rice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add toppings if desired.